Why is it that people prefer to buy a Lamborghini or Ferrari over a Shelby Cobra? ￼
Don’t trust nobody who owns, or bought a foreign car; this includes BMW, Mercedes, Audi, AMG, Lamborghini Volkswagen, Ferrari, Land Rover, Range Rover, anything produced by the Volkswagen group or Tata group, Porsche, etc.
The funny thing is it seems in today’s world, having a Toyota or a Honda is almost like having an American car?
If you want to be a true American, if you want a sports utility SUV car, just by a Ford Explorer ST, which is essentially a cop car. ￼￼￼￼
In America, if you only care about money, I don’t think you’re a true American. What does a real American care for? Diversity, access, democracy, egalitarian values, and meritocracy which means the goods you are delivered is based on merit, hierarchy and ranking.
￼￼￼The diversity myth? ￼
Apparently when Peter Thiel was an undergraduate in college he wrote a book called The Diversity Myth… I think he wrote it when he was at Stanford as an undergraduate, something about how too much focus on diversity is bad. I haven’t read the book, but I think what it means is that trying to do things like affirmative action in his eyes is bad.
My personal thought is it is obvious; obviously if you have a kid from the hood, a kid from Compton, certainly his or her GPA or SAT score is not going to be as good as a kid who went to some sort of elite private school in Beverly Hills. Therefore there needs to be dynamic weighing here.
For example, if you’re the Valevictorian ￼or the top #1 student in a ghetto school… your application to college should be weighed higher than a kid who went to an elite private school, who is only the top 100.
Therefore it isn’t necessarily “affirmative action”, but rather, wisdom in evaluating someone’s social economic status as part of their application.￼
Diversity should not be forced
Certainly diversity is good, but it is not good when you try to force it.
For example, trying to force more gender equality or racial equality when it isn’t really warranted seems like a bad idea.
￼￼￼This is where the philosophical thing matters; we must ask ourselves and consider… does it really even matter in the first place? ￼If so, why?
Being an American or a true American has nothing to do with gun ownership. I’m not anti-guns per se; I did Boy Scouts and shot a rifle and a shotgun, got both my merit badges and also an archery merit badge when I was a high schooler.
I think the strange notion is that somehow… if you own a gun, or have a gun somewhere at home or whatever… it makes you more manly? (It does not).
Jewish people are super wise
I wonder… Is it that people hate Jewish people because they’re so smart wise and good with money?
Also, I don’t really trust any Christians, or God-fearing people especially in the news and mainstream media, even underground media etc.
For example, I really enjoyed the Kanye interview on info wars, but the guy who hosts the show… seems like a strange guy. Anybody who takes the Bible literally is not to be trusted.
How did Jewish people become so successful? Simple: they make money don’t spend it.
Also, I think Jewish people, that is consider how much trials and tribulations and anti-Jewish sentiment and bad things happened to them throughout their whole existence. If they were able to survive it all, probably a good sign.
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼America is more Jewish than you think ￼
One of the funniest things that my friend Daniel Schaeffer told me he was… “I’m Jew…ish”￼.
I might be wrong here, but I think that there is a huge list of really really famous and influential Jewish people in America, which include I think, Gal Gadot, Joseph Levitt, Scarlett Johansson, Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David etc.
Also, Steven Spielberg, Kirk Douglas (changed his last name to blend into Hollywood), a lot of really famous people in Hollywood.
Also I think John Stewart, he changed his last name.
I think a simple strategy what you could do is just Google it, famous Jewish people who changed their last names or famous Jewish people in the media.￼￼
I think even Lenny Kravitz is Jewish?
Apparently there is “Jewish” sounding last names, anything related to Gold or Goldsmith, because a lot of Jewish people were once gold merchants back in the day, or anything with “itzh” or “Horowitz” etc… “itz”. Ben Horowitz.
Also a lot of really mainstream American words are actually Yiddish! For example, “chutzpah”, “schlep”, “schmuck”, etc. ￼￼￼
I didn’t know… But my friend Janae told me “I’m such a bad Jewish American, I had no idea that Seinfeld was a TV show about Jewish American culture”￼. I then responded, in shock, “It is??”￼
It doesn’t really matter
I have a theory that everyone is looking for some sort of scapegoat. My personal thought on why people believe in conspiracy theories is because nobody likes to think that they themselves are the cause of their own pain suffering etc., and they think of it like some sort of virtuous task and duty to uncover all the “evils” or “injustices” in the world.
For example, I’ve actually met a lot of Palestinian Americans who fall victim to conspiracy theories. Why? To psychoanalyze; they have been seriously fucked over. Even the whole conflict right now in the Gaza Strip, it really does seem that the Palestinians are the victims here. Israel, funded by the American government in military, America is really the bad guy here. ￼￼￼
Even China; China is not a threat. When I was in Phnom Penh Cambodia, I would keep reading these newspapers on how mainland China would complain that they only have one military base somewhere in Africa, whereas America has thousands. As long as Americas military powder is 1000X that of everyone else in the world, America is fine. ￼
Even Russia, not a threat. I think people just like to paint Putin as the devil, because once again, people like having some sort of devil figure, some sort of Adolf Hitler to see as the enemy.
In South Korea if you’re a man, you’re required to have at least 2-3 years of military duty. I think it’s a good idea if America did the same. Or if they instituted more ROTC programs in high school, optional.
And also, I think having some sort of part-time army reserve officer military training programs for normal civilians like myself is a good idea. Even my friend Andrew, became a part-time naval officer, more for pride. Harvard undergraduate graduate, professor now.
￼￼￼Apparently Westpoint is a really good institution. Maybe if Seneca gets a full ride there I will send him there. ￼
￼I think people are actually low-key praying and wishing for some sort of global armageddon. Why? Once again, a lot of people who are miserable in life want to see the world go into shambles. ￼
I am highly dubious of a World War III, or some sort of true international military demise. Why? Rich mainland Chinese oligarchs don’t want nobody to take their Rolls-Royce, or their mansions in Vancouver Canada.
Also, Americans like their consumerism, and capitalism.
Whether America likes it or not, it seems that they are in bed with China. As long as Apple still produces iPhones in China, ultimately… economically we will not see any real antagonism between both countries.
Economics is the new world religion
Money, capital, economics is the new world religion. Everybody globally… the only thing that people seem to really care for is to continue to self richen themselves. ￼￼￼￼
As a consequence, I think we will see a decline in military intervention and deaths, and other bad world issues.
People want to see the ones and zeros and commas increase in their bank account, not more deaths and casualties.￼
So what should we really be concerned about?
￼￼Simple things: ￼
- Pollution: nobody wants to be a billionaire in Beijing or Shanghai, the pollution and the air there is so toxic.
- Health diet and fitness: this trend towards “plant based” diets is a bad one, all this vegan nonsense is bad for the planet. Maybe more sustainable animal, beef or lamb production is a good idea. For example at Erwhon I discovered this new “ancestral blend“ — FORCE OF NATURE ground beef which is made with 100% grass fed ground beef, and beef liver and heart actually grinded it in; it is the new only thing that I’m feeding Seneca, it is his natural steroids. Let us not forget that organ meets, beef liver is a natural steroid, the more cholesterol you consume, the stronger you will become and the more testosterone will go up. So a novel thought; addressing the issue of food waste, particularly with beef kettle and cows in America; consume more of the scrap meat. ￼Beef tongue, heart, head, liver, intestine etc.
- Media? ￼￼My personal belief is that the real bad guys here is the media and advertising corporations; let us not forget that Google is an advertising company. Same thing goes with Facebook. And let us not forget that Google owns YouTube, and Facebook also owns Instagram. The reason why online advertising companies are so bad is that media thrives on the sensational, anger, fear, and all of these base human emotions. My personal thought is a lot of racial antagonism is actually stirred up by the media which is run on advertising. For example, it seems that the new clickbait is anything to do with “anti-Semitic“, or “anti-Semitism“; both on the Jewish, African-American front, and mainstream media, a lot of which is run by Jewish families. The more people who click “anti-Semitic” new stories and see more Google AdSense advertisements, ￼the more money that Google makes. Also Facebook, Instagram, the more sensational things are posted, the higher the advertising revenue for them. ￼￼
Why I am uncancellable
￼I am already independently rich and wealthy from my savings and cryptocurrency, and I also live like a poor person, which means that I’m making more money than I could spend it. Because I don’t even like spending money in the first place.
In fact, besides myself and maybe NASSIM TALEB… I don’t think I really know any other free thinkers? Everyone is either hooked to some sort of algorithm, social media platform, YouTube… or podcast… no freedom. This is where I don’t really put any trust in anything that Tim Ferriss says, or even Joe Rogan, because they are run by advertisers.
Who not to trust? Anybody and everybody on YouTube, or has any sort of podcast which is supported by advertisers.
So how can you make money?
￼￼￼Maybe it is a good idea to make money elsewhere, for example, I think I’ve made more money in cryptocurrency speculation than I have in my whole decade plus of teaching photography workshops.
Also selling products is a good idea ￼ because… especially if it is your own products, have more faith and leather than information. HAPTIC INDUSTRIES — in the world of AI and artificial information, having physical leather products is a good idea because it will outlast you. HENRI x ERIC KIM STRAPS.
Ultimately after you’ve made your trillions of dollars, what is it that people really care for? Art.
How many Jackson Pollocks, Basqiats, or Picassos do you own? ￼
It is wise to understand a Ferrari as an art object, not as a car. Just go to the Peterson automotive museum and go into the vault; these cars are art objects.
Art is the main disruptor here; this is where I am so into [AI art](). Maybe I will do some AI art workshops in the near future.
Trust ChatGPT more than you trust Google or weird Internet conspiracy website forums. Also, delete Reddit and stop using Reddit; I legit think it is the worst thing for humanity, perhaps even worse than pornography.
Quit reddit, not porn.￼￼￼￼
In fact, maybe it is best to just think about pornography like entertainment. Men who watch sports, drink alcohol or smoke weed, without having actually ever played the sport, sports is like some sort of domestication of the modern day human, a modern day pornography for men. At least sexual pornography is a positive motivator, drinking beer, eating french fries and watching football if you have never played football yourself in real life… seems worse.￼￼
Even basketball; my simple heuristic is if you decide to watch basketball, maybe one should play real life basketball at least once a week.
- ￼￼Start your own blog. Ionos.com or bluehost.com ￼and install WordPress.org
- Subscribe to ChatGPT plus, start creating your own AI generated art via DALL-E 3. Post on your own blog or ￼arsbeta.com — I want ARS to also be a home for not just photos, but AI generated art. ￼
- Make your own ChatGPT bot, once you have subscribed to the premium model. ￼For example, I re-created the Y app on ChatGPT, it is great. ￼
- Fitness: Buy weightlifting equipment on titan.fitness– and start lifting weights in your own parking lot garage. I recently picked up the Titan fitness Farmer’s carry handles, I like them, and also maybe the best 500 bucks I’ve ever spent in my life was the Texas power bar squat bar, my most prized possession. ￼ Lift weights every day at least once, maybe even twice a day; the upside of doing it in your own backyard, your own parking lot is that you will just save a lot of time. If you want ghetto squat rack or rack, just go to Home Depot and buy cinderblocks. I was able to stack three cinder blocks on top of one another,￼￼ and I have been able to successfully rack pull over seven plates with it. ￼Cross leg deadlift good idea.
- Maybe dabble in crypto? Just get a Coinbase account, link it with your traditional bank, I think everyone should own at least one bitcoin. Personally I just swapped or traded or converted nine of my bitcoin into chainlink (20,800 chainlink)– my personal prediction is within the next three years to five years, it should be above $50 a link, maybe even 100 or 200 bucks a link. Currently speaking I am anti-Ethereum; it is just too complicated and complex. Then also now that they are offering Ethereum for enterprise (private ethereum)… A bad sign. Also try bitcoin babe.
- ￼￼￼Organ meats? Everyone says that eating meat, red meat is bad for the planet blah blah blah. But what about organ meats? Nobody really says anything bad about organ meats, beef liver, beef heart, beef intestine, beef kidney. ￼As a fun experiment just try out 100% organ meat diet; the true demigod diet. Also bone marrow. ￼Just pick up organ meats at Whole Foods in the frozen freezer, they sell 100% grass fed frozen beef liver and beef heart and beef kidney there, even beef tongue. Or just go to the local Halal market, the local market and get it there.
￼EXPERIENCE EK— unlock your true potential.
- Try to troll AI and ChatGPT for; once you get the paid version, see how far you could push it until you invoke some sort of content moderation issue,
- Have ChatGPT disprove some sort of strange conspiracy theories. In fact, I think the biggest benefit of ChatGPT is that it doesn’t get suckered by conspiracy theories.
- Actually, ChatGPT is pretty factual. For example, just ask whether George Floyd was in a pornography film (he was). ChatGPT answers truthfully. ￼￼￼
Going on a hike. Leave your phone in the car and just enjoy a nice walking nature, just walk slowly. Do it in vibram five finger shoes or even barefoot. ￼
Order some weight lifting equipment on titan.fitness and have fun at home.
FaceTime a loved one. The best gift to give somebody is just a simple phone call!
What do you want for Christmas this year?
- Ask somebody to gift you a gym membership, or even a yoga, CorePower membership. Investing in your health is perhaps the best thing you could do as a gift.
- In terms of gyms, I really like crunch fitness, LA fitness is OK, or whatever commercial gym is close by. Even golds gym is good.
- Costco gift cards; to buy more meat.
- Ask somebody for airline fare; to go fly somewhere and travel somewhere for the holidays. ￼￼￼￼￼￼
- Vibram 5 finger shoes — ELX KNIT.
- Texas power bar squat bar
- 400 pound roguefitness.com sand bag
- Money to purchase a website hosting domain
- iPad Pro (small one)
Infinite ideas on the ERIC KIM BLOG: Some new thoughts:
- It is better to rent in an insanely great neighborhood and location then to even own a $5 million home in a good location
- Physiology hack: take insanely hot baths at home, at the verge of boiling your skin. Very refreshing.
- Drink robusta coffee, not arabica. Even Costco sells the Deathwish coffee now, which I assume is robusta coffee. Otherwise get ERIC KIM 100% fine robusta coffee. ￼￼￼
- The best clothing to wear in winter is down, merino wool, cashmere. Layer up!
- Milo of croton ate 20 pounds of meat a day, let us use that as our ￼￼benchmark.
- A life goal: read the Iliad by Homer front to back. Just download free PDFs online, and keep looking for a good translation until you find one that you like.
- Invent and wander by Jeff Bezos
- Zero to one by Peter Thiel ￼
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson, also the new Elon Musk by Walter Isaacson ￼
- Going Infinite – Michael Lewis. Also flash boys.
Forward the thoughts
If this part even one interesting thought within you, feel free to forward to a friend!
The new life goal should be to save money, not to waste it.
Instead of wasting money, better to use that money towards buying meat at Costco, weightlifting equipment, plates and bars and barbells, iron etc. Physical fitness is the ultimate luxury.